Learn how to create, edit and archive a group
To perform each action described on this page, you must have its respective permission.
When you create, edit, or archive a group, these actions are recorded in the change history on the Audition page.
A group is a collection of users that is bound to one or more roles.
The Groups page shows you a table that shows the active groups in your realm.
This table shows the group name, description and the number of members in each group.
To create a group:
- 1.Click on the CREATE button, in the upper right corner;
- 2.Fill in the group name and description;
- 3.Click on the + icon to assign members to the new group (optional);
You can add or remove members from a group at any time.
- 4.Click on SAVE to create the new group.
To bind a role to a group:
- 1.Use the search bar or search the table for the group you want to assign a role to;
- 2.Click on the pencil icon on the Actions column;
- 3.On the Permissions tab, click on +BINDING;
- 4.Select the desired role and the environment to which you want to assign the permissions of the role;
- 5.Click on SAVE;
- 6.Write a note describing the reasons for the changes you just made;
- 7.Click on EDIT to confirm the action.
If you archive a group, it becomes inactive. The members of an archived group will lose the permissions granted by it.
To archive a group:
- 1.Use the search bar or search the table for the group you want to archive;
- 2.Click on the box icon in the Actions column;
- 3.Write a note describing the reasons for the archiving the group;
- 4.Click on ARCHIVE.
Besides creating your own groups, you can also use Digibee’s default groups. Each default group is bound to a set of system roles. These groups cover the most common user types of the Digibee Integration Platform.
Unlike system roles, default groups can be modified, deleted and archived.
Pipeline Builder, Capsule Builder, Pipeline Manager, and Deployment Viewer
Deployment Manager, and Deployment Viewer
Users Manager, Roles Manager, Groups Manager, and Projects Manager
Account Viewer, Global Manager, Global Viewer, Capsule Manager, Capsule Publisher, Pipeline Manager, Audit Viewer, Multi instance Manager, Multi instance Viewer, API Key Manager, API Key Viewer, Relationship Manager, Relationship Viewer, and Licensing Viewer.
Account Manager and API Key Manager
Pipeline Logs Viewer, Pipeline Metrics Viewer, Running Executions Manager, Running Executions Viewer, Metrics Viewer and Pipeline Executor